Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Crafty Tuesday

KX2 Creatives, Crafty Tuesday, Glass ProjectsWell hello fellow crafters...Today I (Michelle) want to talk to you about an easy, inexpensive craft project that can be used for just about anything.  I am going to explain step by step what I did and also show you with a few pictures along the way.  I hope you all enjoy.  Please let us know if you like it, and maybe comment with a craft that you may want to see in the future.  Okay, so here we go....

What you will need:




1. Glass candle holder or vase (depending on what size you want)
2. Glass candle stick
3. E6000 industrial glue
4. River rocks (again, depending on what you will use this for)



Next you will need to prep everything.  In this case we need to take the stickers off of our glassware.




The sticker on the candle stick came off very easy.  The one on the candle holder was a bit more temperamental but with some extremely hot water it ended up peeling right off.  After obviously drying off the glassware I was ready at this point to attach the two together.  So now we need to get our glue out....


I put a generous amount of glue on the rim of the candle stick.  Then I carefully placed the the candle holder on the top directly in the center of the bottom.


 I actually decided to flip it over and make sure it was centered.  I then put a heavy book or two on the top just to add a little weight to make sure the glue really adhered.  This glue dries fairly quickly, however obviously the longer you wait there would be less chance of it not being dried.  I had mine sit for about 2 hours (mainly because I got distracted doing something else. haha ).



 It was then ready to flip over and add my stones.  Again, you can add what ever you would like.  I am going to be using this to hold paint brushes.  You can also use something like this to hold pencils or basically anything else you can think of.  If you didn't want to use it for craft/desk purposes, you can alwasy use this for decoration around the house.  You can put a candle, candy, cotton balls, etc. basically anything you can thing of.



I was actually able to fit the whole bag of stones into this container.  I added the rest after this picture was taken, but for reference if you were wondering if they all fit..yes, yes they do.

I enjoyed this project because it was extremely easy to do and inexpensive.  The initial cost of the glue is worth it because this will last you quite a while for many projects.  You can use this glue on fabric, metal, wood, glass, ceramic and so much more.  It is also a permanent bond, but washer/dryer safe and flexible. I think I was able to find mine for $3.99, I am not sure if I got it on sale though or it was marked wrong.  The rest of the items came from Dollar Tree.  So, if you already have the glue this project would really only cost you $3.00 which I don't think is bad at all.

I hope you all enjoyed our Arts and Crafts Tuesday!!  Please comment let us know what you think and again if you have a project you want us to try out and show you guys let us know!


Thanks!!!

Michelle & Charity

No comments:

Post a Comment